Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Spring sucks.

Every year people start complaining when spring hits. They're all wistful in the depths of winter for the joy of warm, sunny days. Well guess what? Spring is horrible. It's either cold and sunny, or warm and rainy. Every. Damn. Year.

Oh, and it's always a "bad allergy season". Oh, those warm sunny days you want? They're in the end of May. If we're lucky and it doesn't skip straight to Summer with it's 90 degree days. It's nice right now, but then it'll drop below 50 again and everyone will get their britches in a twist all over again. In the past week it's been below freezing and damn close to 90. April showers are not supposed to be thunderstorms.

Also, in the Spring, people start acting CRAZY. The first 70+ weekend day, people get all day drunk and rushed. This weekend I was cut off repeatedly, saw pedestrians walk in to traffic, nearly getting hit by cars, a motorcycle drive the wrong way down a one way street, and various cars driving on the wrong side of the road looking for parking. I also saw a thug do a cartwheel, which was actually kind of amazing.

Spring is like your really attractive bipolar ex. Every time you guys split up, you're glad all summer. Happy when fall hits, then in winter, you start to thing, hey maybe Spring isn't so bad. Remember those 3 days out of 90 where it was awesome? Maybe I should give her a call. Then you take her back. Every Year. Well that's a 3% awesome ratio. There's a lot of suck happening there and then you bitch about it.

Spring will be here whether I like it or not, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's awesome or that I missed it. And I'm totally going to say I told you so next year when you start bitching about getting back together with spring. Hopefully it'll soon be May and we can get with the too hot drought having summer.

-Jen

No comments: