Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Awkward Relationship Question #1


Why the hell do our friends (and families) meet our partner/person we are dating/what-the-fuck-ever and say that they’re great and they like them and blah blah blah, then then after you’ve stopped seeing each other, they state that they always thought the other party was weird/not right for you/psychotic?

I think it’s more a third party perspective issue. I have done this, possibly twice in my life. Generally, I believe that it is a friend’s job to state any hesitations, if they are large enough to be a cause for concern, then stay the fuck out of your friend's relationship. Especially since the point when you find out that your friends, who apparently magically NEVER LIKED THIS PERSON WITH YOU AND THEY WERE LYING THE WHOLE TIME, is generally when you are not yet over that person and think that maybe there may be some snowball’s chance in hell of it still working out.


I actually told one of my friends that I thought his new partner had jealousy issues the first time I met her. 1) I was right, 2) They've been married for years now, and 3) She and I are very good friends because she knows that she can always trust me to tell my honest opinion. All because I called her a bunny boiler.  

Awkward relationship questions. Brought to you by the letters : W, T and F.

No comments: